FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 17, 2024, 10:22 pm
ChocolateFactory

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Yeah, I didn’t get that at all.
The location is great, next to Taipei 101, there’s a direct bus to the airport in front of the hotel and it costs just $5 or so vs. $50 for a taxi. (I ended up taking a taxi anyway because the bus only departs once per hour though.)

Service was excellent and the staff spoke very good English. They have great restaurants - I was extremely frustrated since there seem to be almost no nice restaurants in Taiwan. The Taiwanese simply don’t seem to care about atmosphere. Granted, the food is good, but I would prefer eating somewhere else than a mall basement, and a tablecloth would be nice.
They had a buffet one evening and it was wonderful. Lots of different food options.

The club lounge was great, too. I had read so much about screaming and running kids in the lounge, but it was super nice when we were there at least (not during the weekend).
Large gym - it was a bit crowded, but that was just because they tried to offer as much equipment as possible in the space they had, which I appreciate.

I really don’t have anything bad to say about the hotel. Even my travel companion, who doesn’t like dated hotels, liked it a lot.

Seriously, just stay there. I highly doubt there are better hotels in Taiwan.