FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Sydney {AUS}
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2024, 7:41 pm
kirkwoodj

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by adlibitum
Hi,

I can't speak to the Hilton properties, but since you mention you have Marriott points, and it looks like you have Bonvoy status, I have stayed several times at the Marriott Circular Quay. It is close to the airport train and very convenient to the ferries, Opera House and other central tourist sites. The lounge I found good, and service in general was fine. With an early arrival from the US, they will try to accommodate you, but if no rooms immediately available you could wait in the lounge. I do know the Hilton location, which is closer to the shopping district if you prefer that. If you can get a room with Opera House view at the Marriott, I find that a more iconic kind of experience. YMMV
NB the Marriott is often (almost daily) flooded with a horde of cruise ship pax filling the lobby. Additionally, the lifts are perpetually being repaired. Can be a huge PITA. This trumps the location by far. Stayed here once, never again.