FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Gift Card Use Discussion Thread
Old Apr 17, 2024, 7:18 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nacho
I don't think it's the German law that charges people the day after.

I saw my bank said xxx€ has been deducted and at other chains I paid at check in.

Our stays are primarily during weekends and holidays so the manager is usually not around. This doesn't make using gift card to pay easier.

Plus buying them in USD is bad for us living in Europe at the moment.
They AUTHORIZE the amount, automatically done by the system at Leipzig, no human intervention involved. However the authorization is NOT charged, I.e. used until the guest checked out - I am told by one person who knows how to process GC and another person who is FD supervisor. He actually removed the guaranteed card from one screen to another screen so to prevent the system automatic nightly calculation of authorization needed - basically at first night it was a minimum fix amount, on second night it was 2 nights rates minus what was already authorized - hence I got a weird 48.33 euro authorization prompted me to think this might be the complementary breakfast…. This Marriott has a lounge but we are told we can have our breakfast at the restaurant as well.