FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gate Gourmet strike at YYZ (impact on AC)
Old Apr 16, 2024, 1:20 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Maybe AC will need to start handing out meal vouchers pre-flight. At least that way people can consume/bring their own food and water, which they are effectively paying for anyway in the ticket price.
I was scheduled to fly YYZ-YYC in Signature today. MLL gates rejected my BP, so I saw an agent. It prompted her that there was a meal voucher on my file. The person travelling with me, who was connecting to a domestic rouge flight and didn't get one. I asked what the voucher was for, out of curiosity, and they said it must be because my flight was delayed. Which it wasn't. And my companion's was (although only by 15 minutes).

My hypothesis, based on this singular data point, is that AC is handing out meal vouchers for those in Signature due to the catering issue. The other bit of colour is that I received a meal voucher for a delayed flight a few days ago and the reason is listed as "customer service", while today's is "mass meal voucher". I'm curious whether anyone else has gotten a voucher in the same circumstances.

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I believe that YVR is no longer impacted by job action.
It never was. There was a strike vote, but it was all settled before any job action.