FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Apr 15, 2024, 8:59 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mad_atta
We have an award ticked on JL, booked via QF miles, for HIJ-HND (Class J) connecting to HND-SYD (Business), all on one ticket. My QF e-ticket seems to indicate both are booking class U.

My question is whether it's still possible to request a paid day of departure upgrade from J to F for HIJ-HND? The page on JL's site ( https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/dom/boar...d_upgrade.html ) under applicable fares includes "JAL Domestic Award Ticket", but given our ticket is 1) booked by partner mile, not JL miles and 2) not a domestic-only ticket, given there's also an international flight on the same booking, I'm not sure if we qualify?

I have been able to assign seats for our flights on the JL website, but it does seem to have limited functionality for our booking, so my guess is that even if we are eligible, we won't be able to make the request using the online system. If that's the case, is there a way to request the upgrade manually from the airport?

[I realise our chances of securing this are low, even if we are eligble. But I have such a great memory of my F meal on HND-ITM last year that I'm super keen to try it again!
It is eligible for day of departure upgrade, but you might have to ask at the airport rather than online as your ticket has to be managed via the international side of JAL's homepage.