FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantageHotels vs RocketMiles - useability, experiences, questions, data points
Old Apr 13, 2024, 12:20 pm
TheDudeAbides

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
I'm looking for 2024 experience on posting times. Specifically, are "Pay Later" hotels taking significantly longer to post than "Pay in Advance"? My pre-paid stays have posted without fail within a week of check in, often within ~4 days. "Pay Later" stays, where one pays at the hotel upon check in, don't seem to be posting at all, or at least they are taking many weeks. I know the T&C say it can be up to 8 weeks, but that has not been my experience prior to this year. To be fair, my n-value on "Pay Later" is pretty small.
Originally Posted by cmtlatitudes
Jeff, I've posted 2-3 times in past year, asking for folks to report their first hand experiences, with the 'pay later' properties. There's been zero responses from FT's that have actually done one.
I had my first "Pay Later" stay of the 2024 "Elite year" the first week in March. The miles and LP posted today, almost 6 weeks later, with no intervention; i.e. I did not call or inquire. Posting took a while, but it did happen as it was supposed to and within the 8-week T&C window.