FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Appalling answer from BA re missing Avios and TPs on AA Transcon service.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 4:31 am
81romeo

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Lightbulb Appalling answer from BA re missing Avios and TPs on AA Transcon service.

Flew LHR-JFK-BOS-LAX and back two weeks ago, BA ticket all in I class. On the AA Transcon between BOS-LAX-BOS I upgraded to F (A class) both ways with cash (230£ each way, very good value in my opinion) however, only 140TPs have posted for each of these two sectors.

Last week I get in touch with BA to claim the missing TPs and Avios and they ask me to submit a copy of my boarding passes, upgrade receipts and bank statement showing I paid for the upgrades.

Yesterday, I get this rather shocking answer from BA via email:

“I’ve checked your account and you’ve earned the correct number of Avios and Tier Points for your flights AA1578 BOS-LAX on XX March 2024 and AA2453 LAX-BOS XX March 2024. AA operated flights flown with two-cabin aircraft within the United States (including Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands) may be branded as First Class, but will earn miles based on Business Class (J, D, I, R) booking codes”.

I mean – seriously? Not only this level of incompetence is shocking but also why on earth would I pay for something I am already ticketed for (assuming I kept my I class seat)?