FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shanghai Marriott Marquis City Centre, China [Master Thread]
Old Apr 10, 2024, 3:36 am
Lonsinla

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gil123
Stayed here for a one night layover on the way home and enjoyed it. The location was good to allow us to easily get to Nanjing Rd and the Bund for our limited time (though both were too mobbed to enjoy during the Chinese Memorial Day and we quickly fled to less crowded areas). No luck with any substantial upgrade (Titanium) other than a club room but that may have been to high holiday occupancy. Rate was about $140 USD all in for a last minute booking, which I thought was pretty good for Shanghai. The standard club room was fine, pretty modern and fresh feeling and large enough for a short stay. Welcome fruit plate was forgettable and untouched.

The lounge was excellent by Chinese standards. It was busy but spacious enough that seating and crowing wasn't a problem. Good service and a very respectable evening food and booze spread, definitely dinner-worthy. I was happy to find among the entrees a tasty vegetarian coconut milk cauliflower curry- and my wife was happy when the chef whipped out a large pot of fresh lobster (first time we've seen that in a lounge, even in Asia). He said to my wife, "Take as much as you want; I have more. My boss probably wouldn't be happy about it but he's off today!"

Breakfast in the restaurant was good but again very busy due to the holiday. In retrospect, on an extended stay it might have been worth trying the lounge to see how it compares though I usually choose the restaurant.

Overall a very nice property and a good way to end our trip
Am staying here for 4 days this month. Will report back with pictures after my stay. I did request for a Suite Uograde using my upgrade certificate. Will see if that comes through