FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Oneworld Explorer User Guide
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2024, 3:11 am
kayzng

Originally Posted by peterd87
All of your comments made me think on how to optimize routing and turn this into a DONE4.

Putting our travel plans together for the next year and a half it turned out we could use part of the ticket for this October / November, next chunk April / May next year and then finalize the last portion in October 2025. Will be adding some additional flights as cash / points.

Current routing:
OSL - DOH (3082mi, QR - October '24)
DOH - MIA (7679mi, QR - October '24)
MIA - AUA (1134mi, AA - November '24)
AUA - JFK (surface segment) - we will take a flight AUA - AMS and start the trip from JFK again (mainly because this is a cheap points destination from AMS, could change to any other)
JFK - LAX (2475mi, AA - April '25)
LAX - SYD (7488mi, AA - April '25). The direct DFW - BNE flight that was referred to earlier will likely not operate anymore mid April 2025
SYD - ASP (1256mi, QF - April '25)
ASP - MEL (1154mi, QF - April '25)
MEL - BNE (surface segment - May '25)
BNE - APW (2433mi, QF - May '25)
APW - NAN (surface segment - May '25)
NAN - SYD (1970mi, QF - May '25)
SYD - DOH (7687mi, QR - May '25)
DOH - AMS (3062mi, QR - May '25)
AMS - DOH (3062mi, QR - October '25)
DOH - OSL (3082mi, QR - October '25).

This would lead to 49124 miles, of which 45564 will actually be flown. On Iberia this would credit as 4820 tier points, though timing with the split year is not ideal. For my daughter who has no status (3 year old I will check and see what makes most sense given that Iberia is now allowed). AA RTW desk should be able to ticket given the TATL segment with AA.

Any view on the above, does this indeed seem to be correct and should it be feasible to ticket as such? I realise we are still skipping Asia (though that is less of interest for this trip - when I get the hang of this likely it will be part of the next).

Many thanks!

Peter
Hi,
How do you get OSL - DOH under QR? I thought it was not possible to get QR on first segment?