FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta SkyMiles Program Changes (Total Revenue Based) for 2025 Medallion Year
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:24 pm
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flying chef
Not sure if this is the place to ask. I'm flying YYZ-ATL-BWI on Delta, but it is booked as a codeshare with WestJet. The tickets on the codeshare were far less than booking on Delta, which I quite don't understand. Am I still eligible for MQD on Delta or should I switch to WestJet points/dollars ?
They often coordinate fare filings on routes as seen below (except WS does not have BE fares -- DL BE fares always have a 'B' in second to last position of fare basis code), but not necessarily bucket inventory availability on flights when DL coded vs WS coded (they can differ on exact same flights). If you think in terms of marketing/brand strength (where DL is clearly the major player here compared to WS) and revenue maximization, it all begins to make sense. There are also Delta Medallion program benefits you lose out on when you go with the WS marketed, DL operated flights (like C+/FC upgrades at your Medallion window). This likely also gives DL further pricing power over WS. You can earn MQDs with Delta on WS coded flights, but it will based on distance and DL WS partner earning chart instead of fare paid.

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 3, 2024 at 10:01 pm