FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Frontier's schedule EVER stable?
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:03 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Same here - I haven't had any major schedule changes and have probably booked over a dozen flights in the last year at least 2 months out.
Don't get too comfortable. I book flights throughout their system, originating/terminating at their various "focus cities" -- and I can detect no rhyme or reason to the constant schedule changes. (I do fly midweek most of the time if that might matter). The only flights I haven't seen materially change are the ones where no other flight time is commercially plausible: like flights to and from a Caribbean island. Frankly, I am mathematically astonished that you could have a dozen Frontier flights with no schedule changes and I could have a dozen flights where 10 or 11 had material schedule changes. I'm actually happy when I get the "inevitable" email telling me my flight has "only" moved by, say, an hour and a half.

Originally Posted by hobo13
I even started a thrad a few months back about better chat helpfulness.

The wait time originally was awful, but it's been pretty fast (like <2--3 mins) lately. I just put that webpage on one of my 4 monitors, and the motion catches my eye when they show up. A beep would be nice though.
Like everything else about them, Frontier's Chat wait times seem to vary a lot. My average wait time for my last 4 chats was about 15 minutes. I usually try to Chat after I've received an email notifying me of a flight change (that I can't fix myself online). I'm thinking I should "schedule" my Chats for early morning/late night instead when fewer people would likely have a service need. Aren't the Chats serviced in the Phillipines? If so, their staffing may not coincide with peak USA call times.