FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA and Aer Lingus bag allowance confusion
Old Mar 30, 2024, 10:22 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by geepmaley
Picking this back up. Just booked 2 tix LHR to DUB for June 27 through BA for EI on BA Codeshare BA5953. Same situation. 125 ticket numbers BA site and ticket show 23kg check-in plus std Aer Lingus carryon allowance. EI site under same PNR shows standard EI language of 10kg drop off for free at airport and no checked baggage allowance. What is the best way to check in for this flight when time comes? I am OWE (AA Plat Pro) but don't see any notice of that anywhere so don't think I get to take advantage of that? Cannot assign seats yet either

Also, how do you get seats ahead of time on a BA codeshare flight? Have to call? I'm seeing no way to do it online
Same situation so same answer as above: you get 23 kgs as a checked bag allowance. You don't get any oneworld status privileges given that EI isn't in oneworld. For seats, try using Royal Air Maroc using the BA (not AA) PNR, however this has to be done more than 3.5 days from departure. Otherwise use the Aer Lingus app after OLCI opens, or the self service kiosks in LHR.