FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ridiculousness of New Standby Policy after AA-induced Reroute
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:44 pm
skunker

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Is there a concise version without unnecessary commentary that properly explains the situation. If I managed to pick out parts correctly

Booked flight DCA-CLT
Flight cancelled
Accepted rebooking on DCA-GSO-CLT

Arrived at DCA and , quite correctly, was unable to change to DCA-CLT with payment
Checked cabin bag to be collected at gate
Flew DCA-GSO
Decided to not collect bag with the intent of trying to hold AA liable for you not collecting the bag.
( I am not sure how this was ever going to work )
Tried to get on earlier flight but was unable to do so with agent who , based on https://www.aa.com/i18n/plan-travel/...day-travel.jsp , would seem to have correctly informed that it needs to be done on website or mobile application

hat is the basis of a complainf to DOT and what aspect of AA's same day standby policy s ridiculous?
I think you missed the part where OP said they they were delivering gate checked baggage to the bag claim, not the gate. That means OP would have to leave airside, collect bag, and then go back through security. You think OP signed up for that when he gate checked his bag?

I heard of gate checked baggage being checked through to final destination, but never requiring the passenger to collect at the transfer baggage claim.