FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ridiculousness of New Standby Policy after AA-induced Reroute
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:34 pm
JAXPax

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Is there a concise version without unnecessary commentary that properly explains the situation. If I managed to pick out parts correctly

Booked flight DCA-CLT
Flight cancelled
Accepted rebooking on DCA-GSO-CLT

Arrived at DCA and , quite correctly, was unable to change to DCA-CLT with payment
Checked cabin bag to be collected at gate
Flew DCA-GSO
Decided to not collect bag with the intent of trying to hold AA liable for you not collecting the bag. ( I am not sure how this was ever going to work )
Tried to get on earlier flight but was unable to do so with agent who , based on https://www.aa.com/i18n/plan-travel/...day-travel.jsp , would seem to have correctly informed that it needs to be done on website or mobile application

hat is the basis of a complainf to DOT and what aspect of AA's same day standby policy s ridiculous?
Yes, the brunt of it. Last time I posted something bare bones to FT the respondents spent a dozen posts picking apart or asking details I left out (like why did you book into X airport when flying on Y airline). Damned if you, damned if you don't, but I see your point.

-American changed schedule and flight, accepted reroute (which was described as "we have another departure at your original time" and saw the routing later on when I logged in).
-Policy would not allow getting back onto originally booked route even as standby. (though DCA-GSO was asking for volunteers)
-Unable to as Oneworld Emerald get onto earlier connection on traveled routing that based on actual time had about 45 minutes to make it due to early arrival but because it wasn't legal connect in the app, unable to do it.
-Normal logic has usually been if you can get a customer out and gone faster, do so.
-My issue is that the policy seems counter productive and inflexible to a situation that was AA's doing in the first place.