FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Dynamic Award Pricing" by UA; questions, experiences, .... (No Award Chart Nov 2019)
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:47 pm
tth6133

Originally Posted by jsloan
Well, sure, if you define "saver" to mean "not priced dynamically," but that's not a particularly useful definition.

"Saver" is probably a word that needs to be retired, but a long as we're going to use it, it really needs to mean "books into I/IN X/XN." And since this flight books into I.. it's a "saver award" priced dynamically by UA.

The idea that ET is making a bunch of separate inventory available for some partners under the common *A inventory code seems like a stretch. And considering that I know that I saw this last year on a different route involving different airlines... there's not really much point continuing this further. I was asked for an example and I provided one.
I'm not saying you're wrong or I'm right. All I'm saying is that I'm not yet convinced that UA has been pricing partner saver awards dynamically. To me, a partner saver award means an award an airline made available to most, if not all, of their partners at the lowest price that they have previously agreed to.