FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:11 pm
StiTChEs37

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 2flyingmonkeys
I don't think I'm getting my CK renewed, so will hope for the best and plan for the otherwise.
For what it’s worth, I’m assuming I won’t be renewed either (and to be sure, my sarcastic comment was directed at others (sometimes myself included) that are looking for any indication &#128523

Despite having 800k by July of last year and overlooking me for mid-year, they finally offered a challenge late last year. I’m now just starting phase 2 of the CK challenge, and even though I was nearly 1.2m LP last QY, I was assured by the Exec Liaisons (the role sadly being eliminated) that I would still be considered for full year CK and may not have to complete the challenge. For reference, those LP were from lots of high-margin flights - including many TATL J & F - and ALL on AA metal, even when less convenient.

And while there is a decent chance i’ll still meet the challenge, my international travel varies highly quarter to quarter; yet, I’m hoping they recognize this and grant full year CK based on principle / acknowledging a committed customer with repeated high-margin spend.

I live at what WSJ called a “fortress hub” for AA…. But plan to move to a more competitive market in the next year or two… and certainly if AA continues to show this is a 1-way street, then I’ll gladly switch to UA (I’m still only at 800k lifetime with AA, and my career path could easily land 4m+ before I retire, enough to get the GS for life perk).

I’ll certainly be curious if any CK challenge folks receive a full-year invite. Sadly, I’m not holding my breath, but will still keep my fingers crossed for you!

(Again, apologies, but if anyone comments I still cannot acknowledge posts as my ‘like’ button isn’t working… but know I’ll read and respect/appreciate any opinions / comments!)