FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate Status
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:46 pm
Utskicat

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DuyT
So for posterity/archiving purposes: Ben was kind enough to have his team look into this, and they found the actual reason for the block was… drum roll: the seats are blocked for Korean Air to sell since it is a code share route. If these seats are unsold, then most likely at OLCI (30h) they can be selected, but I will also try the 48h what was indicated earlier, perhaps code share blocks open up earlier/differently.
I think this all has to do with what kind of code share agreement there is between two airlines. I can’t remember the technical terms, but I’ve read on it before…there are different types of accounting methods for codeshare flights. One of the methods involves actual physical seat blocks.

I’ve seen this exact same thing on Air France operated China Airlines codeshares from CDG to TPE. When you look at the seat map on expert flyer, you can actually see it if you look up the Air France flight number you see certain full rows available, and other full rows blocked. If you look up the seat map by the other airline flight number, you see the inverse rows available and blocked.