FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is a one hour layover in Aktau (SCO) long enough - Air Astana from LHR to Almaty ALA
Old Mar 27, 2024, 5:39 am
LambG75

Is a one hour layover in Aktau (SCO) long enough - Air Astana from LHR to Almaty ALA

Good afternoon all,

I hope everyone is well.

I am just after some advice about transfer times at Aktau Airport in Kazakhstan if anyone has any experience of this. I am looking to fly from London Heathrow to Almaty and there are flights with Air Astana (who I understand are a very good airline) that have a one hour transfer time in Aktau (SCO) - this is both on the way there and the way back.

I've tried to research this online and haven't had too much success finding any definitive info. I did also try to contact Air Astana and I received some replies back in Kazakh which I ran through google translate but it really didn't make too much sense and didn't appear to fully answer my question.

I have looked at photos of the airport online and Aktau appears to be a small airport so easy to navigate.

Normally I would feel that 1 hour is a bit tight, but given the size of the airport and the fact it is all on the same booking, it might be doable (if a little tense!).

Any info anyone might have would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,