FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Routing help
Thread: Routing help
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:32 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SusanDK
I'm in a slight panic and wonder if anyone can advise.

My husband and I have roundtrip J (Business) tickets booked on SK departing late May, routing is MCO-EWR-CPH with the domestic connections on UA.

We've just learned that his father may not survive the night and we will have to rebook our flight to a departure within this week. Our BusinessSmart J tickets allow rebooking without a fee, but we will have to pay any fare difference.

I'm trying to look for possible options, but no matter what dates I enter on the SK website (departing anytime between Mar 30 - Apr 5, returning after a couple of weeks or up to six weeks), the only flights the SK website will return for me are itineraries via either JFK or BOS, with the domestic connections on DL or B6. I'm aware of the imminent change from Star Alliance to Sky Team, however, the TATL flights on both those itineraries are on narrow body jets.

When I do a query on ExpertFlyer, and filter on SK, it is showing the usual options of flights via EWR, IAD or ORD with connections on UA and the TATL flights on the 350's and 330's. I want one of those.

Why won't the SK website return these options? According to ExpertFlyer, there is some availability throughout the period I'm searching. I realize I'll have to call SK eventually, but at this point I'm trying to do the required research to find the possible flights that we could rebook to with the minimum fare difference.
I'd suggest to find the routings you want and call SK. However, the cheaper filed fares may be the DL and B6 ones, so while SK may be able to book you on UA operated flights out of MCO, there may be a more significant additional fare necessary. Either call, or get someone with a GDS access to check for you.