FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [OVER 48 HOURS FROM DEPARTURE] AC changed/cancelled my flight. What are my options?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:57 am
PointWeasel

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
My upcoming AC YYC-YUL-CAI has now been messed up with the shortish notice cancellation of the seasonal YUL-CAI route.

I was rebooked on AC YYC-YUL overnight AC YUL-ATH overnight MS ATH-CAI which does not work for my schedule so called right away and the agent was great and advised "no problem, just call back when you have the preferred routing and we will make it work".

Yesterday I called back and this agent advised that I will be waitlisted on the revised routing and then cold transferred me to the AC Elite desk where the agent told me he had never heard of this happening and said to try calling AE back again.

This was an Latitude award with eupgrade credits applied and confirmed months ago and someone (or the system) forced open R space on the YUL-ATH segment so not sure why this cannot happen on the revised routing since its an involuntary change.

Advice would be appreciated before I try calling back.
Quick update.

Since my rebooked AC YVR-FRA upgrade request is still waitlisted, I decided to cancel the entire booking and start over. I am still not sure that it was handled correctly with a route cancellation.

The upside is that A3 ATH-CAI flights can be found for $269 CAD in Business Class one-way, so problem solved.