FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Steak Houses in Las Vegas" thread
Old Jan 18, 2005, 3:31 pm
csb

New BOA Steakhouse

I just returned from Vegas and had the pleasure of eating at the new branch of LA's BOA (formerly Balboa) steakhouse, located on the 3rd floor of the new addition to the Forum Shops at Ceasars. The restaurant has an incredible view facing south on LV boulevard. There is a small outdoor terrace for al fresco dining.

The restaurant was great. I had the bone-in filet mignon it was seared perfectly rare with a generous slab of foie gras and black truffle butter on top. Having eaten at the original, I expected the wine list to be a cut above the standard steakhouse selection of Cab-Merlot-Bordeaux, and it was. It was very global with numerous interesting selections by the glass including a great Albarino and Priorat from Spain.

This is hands down the best steakhouse that I've eaten at in Vegas, one of the best that I've enjoyed in the US.

By way of disclaimer, I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of this restaurant's staff.