FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated SFO connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Mar 23, 2024, 10:05 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jsloan
OP mentioned flying in April and May. Have delays really been that significant?
Yes, absolutely, particularly when they can't use the 1s for takeoffs.

I'm in and out every week or two and have seem quite a few delays in the 30-90 minute range. UA seems to be more affected than some other airlines, I'm sure due to the relatively higher number of flights. 90 minutes from YYC to a once-a-day long-haul would give me pause.
Originally Posted by Repooc17
With regards to OP's situation, 1.5 hrs generally sufficient, even with some delays. All things being equal, if there are holding patterns and go arounds, it would impact both OP's aircraft from Canada and the inbound aircraft of the connecting flight.
It wouldn't, that's the problem. The inbound long-haul normally won't be delayed. The short-haul may be. That's how the air traffic management programs operate. There's also the problem of cascading delays if an aircraft is rotating in and out of SFO (don't know if this is the case with YYC, but it certainly is with many western US routes).