FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH Electronic PlusPts Upgrades -How to use, will it clear?, issues w/flight credit,..
Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:32 am
The Man in Seat 9A

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
Originally Posted by cfischer
Good luck, but you did many things that one should absolutely never ever do on upgraded LH reservations. Do not call. Never ever get the ticket re-issued. Completely ignore all warning on united.com that such is necessary.
I hope all is o.k. ultimately, but DO NOT call to get the ticket re-issued. This is not only completely unnecessary (see this thread), it greatly messes up things on the LH end.
Everything worked out fine in the end, in spite of my attempts to mess it up by calling UA. I never called LH, LH mobile and web stopped showing the Dupe flights shortly after. OLCI worked fine, I was able to assign and change seats, all upgrades stayed in place, seats never involuntarily changed.

Side note: As I checked my luggage they said "We are sorry to tell you that we had to move you to 7A from your original seat, 5C for operational reasons." I said that was fine because I was the one who moved myself from 5C to 7A for the bulkhead. They didn't believe me but we all left happy.