FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH Electronic PlusPts Upgrades -How to use, will it clear?, issues w/flight credit,..
Old Mar 21, 2024, 7:20 pm
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by NYC MP 2017
Given all of the comments upthread, I suspect I should just ignore this message and let the waitlist do its thing...since calling LH seems to just inevitably mess things up. Just sanity checking though.
Ignore the messages, but feel free to call LH as well. Calling LH does NOT mess up anything ... don't call UA!

Originally Posted by FlyingBeanCounter
So I did this for two of us DEN-DEL. We were waitlisted (which I thought was BS?). We cleared three out of four flights. I actually only had enough +P to clear three legs. I have 50 left which is a win for me. I usually lose 200+ points a year.
EDIT: I went to check in. Only two of the three flights showed business. And I cannot select a seat nor can I check in. I put the probability of this being a dumpster fire at 30%.
Originally Posted by FlyingBeanCounter
No. I just waited. I do show Plus Points deducted from my account (I assume that wouldn't happen unless I clear?). I also show the outbound as Business on LH website. But I cannot check in or select seats. I guess I will find out tomorrow.
No no no. Of course you waitlist on LH, that is normal. You can only waitlist when you have enough +Ps, there is no such thing as WLing more +Ps than you have. You can do that with UA but NOT with LH. Also, +P get deducted when you WL an upgrade. Your assumption that +Ps get deducted when an UG clears is false, you pay when you WL and you get a refund if it does not clear.

Having multiple segments with +Ps, some cleared and some WL will be mess ... don't expect OLCI to work. It should all work out, however.

Last edited by cfischer; Mar 22, 2024 at 5:32 am Reason: typo