FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unknown telephone bestowed to me
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:47 am
pudgym29

Programs: Global Entry · WN, UA, AS, DL, NH; IHG, Wyndham, Hilton, Best Value Inn, Marriott, Starwood, Ramada
Question Unknown telephone bestowed to me

{sigh} I do not honestly know where to post this. I have just had a distinct episode while riding the Chicago Transit Authority's Blue Line “L”. No, I was not assaulted. The so-called “news” channels loving to dump on Chicago are not going to inform you of this.
A while back, the title to my introductory World-Wide Web page was "I am a minor piece in somebody's cosmic chess game." Mr. Spock (from Star Trek) would be baffled by these incidences, for which there is no logical explanation.
I was returning from an evening of drinking beer at the Twisted Spoke tavern. The train consist was the new 7000-series cars, which are gradually being integrated into the Blue Line fleet. I boarded car #3 of the 8-car consist. I sat in one of the single-transverse seats.
Persons in the longitudinal seats towards the rear of the car were talking about phones. I spoke up {!} mentioning I was not enthused about mobile phones (which you would know if you delve into my W-WW pages).
The man across the aisle pulls this phone out of a pocket and gives it to me.
This is the extent of the strangeness. Contemplate: How did I select this train, this specific car, and the indicated seat, in order to get this? I now have this mobile phone. I have no idea what it is. (I just looked up “Schok”. I do not glimpse this phone on its 'products' page. It does not seem to be a large phone manufacturer.) I did get information from this man that it was subscribed at some point to Sprint.
Can any of you illuminate what I have? How do I use it without a telephony provider?

Last edited by pudgym29; Mar 21, 2024 at 10:21 pm Reason: reuploaded to a more resilient host.