FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF award help
Thread: QF award help
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2005, 8:00 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I visited Dux last year - what a toy chest of aircraft! We also had a ride in a DeHavilland DH89 Dragon Rapide; thank goodness, no long sectors on those. OTOH, no need for an exit row, merely use anything with a sharp edge and peel back the fabric (or put your foot in it, literally.)

Do I recall correctly the SPs seemed to love flying at considerable altitudes - or at least a bit higher than some of the 744s seem to? (Certaily more than the 747-123 - the 100's started out underpowered. At least -123 is flying for NASA, carrying the Space Shuttle piggyback. No piano.)

Originally Posted by NM
Ahh, yes, the VC-10 is still one of my favourite aircraft. My first flight experience over 30 years ago was a 7-sector VC-10 milk-run from Brisbane to London. I love to visit Duxford Air Musium near Cambridge and walk through their static display VC-10 whenever I have a spare day in London.

I almost missed out on the 747-SP, but managed a MEL-PER domestic flight on VH-EAB just before she retired. I have a 1:200 scale model of EAA on my desk . Have not found an affordable scale model of the VC-10 to add to my collection, so all I have is a postcard and photos (from Duxford).