FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Ticket/Hawaiian Airlines Flight. HNL Layover longer than 4 hours
Old Mar 14, 2024, 1:12 pm
CowGirlMoo

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Was there a schedule change that drove the connection to be 4:29 or was the the layover length when you booked? DL codeshares on several HA flights to the outer islands so if there's been a schedule change, you could probably call DL and ask to be rebooked onto an earlier HA flight with a DL codeshare (assuming FC codeshare options are still available, or possibly accept being moved to Y for the HNL-KOA leg if you'd consider it to avoid the 4.5 hour layover).

That said, worst case is you should have access to the SkyClub at HNL on arrival and while the SC is a bit small, they have a good food selection and a great bar with Hawaiian drinks available (Mai Tais, Blue Hawaii's, etc,) so far from the worst way to kill a long layover.
Thanks for the advice. My original flight had a layover of around 3-1/2 hours (still long, but better), but Delta had a schedule change. I phoned Delta after the schedule change and was told there were no earlier HNL - KOA flights in first class. I said I was fine with main ca as it's such a short flight. I was then told I would then have to downgrade the ENTIRE ticket to economy and I'd get a $35 credit!!! Obviously I decided a 4-1/2 layover at HNL was better.