FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Destinations that are inexpensive and cheap to get to
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:31 pm
pbiflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Destinations that are inexpensive and cheap to get to

mrs pbiflyer, who loves AirBnB type places is always searching for interesting places. She often finds amazing places for dirt cheap, but they are often in hard to get to, expensive to get to places. She found a beautiful place for $50 a night...in Tanzania. Costly and hard to get to. So by the time you add air fare, travel time, the cost is more than a typical trip.
I really want to go to Eastern Europe. Tons of places to stay for cheap. But the airfare is typically a ton more, especially for two people.
Are there places you can get to from the US that are not that expensive to get to and stay? I have looked at places like Colombia and other Central and South American destinations. A possibility. But not high on my list to go (and the ones that are, like Argentina and Chile are expensive to travel to).

Am I missing some? Some trick? The other option is small towns in the easier to get to places. That may be an option.
Suggestions? Ideas?