FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Riverwalk San Antonio, Texas [Master Thread]
Old Jan 17, 2005, 12:22 pm
prncess674

Checked in Saturday night for a one night stay. We were assigned a junior suite on the 6th floor due to SPG PLAT status. The room was large and spacious. We had a huge balcony, probably 3 times the size of the surrounding balconies. At this property lower floors are better since you will have a better view of the narrow river down below. I would not want to be above Floor 6. Bathroom had a soaking tub and separate glass enclosed shower. Lots of fluffy towels.

Service on the other hand was not up to par. We pulled up to the valet and they asked if we were checking in but practically had to shove our keys into the guys hand to take the car. No assistance was offered with the bag so we carried them in ourselves. Check in was quick. Once up in the room we realized no platinum amenity was offered.

The worst however was the following morning.
7:30am we were woken up by the sound of the fire alarm. Finally 5 minutes later it was shut off and an announcement was made that it was a false alarm. Climb back into bed.
9:00am There is a constant knocking on the door. Look through the peep hole and it is housekeeping. Not wanting to shock them in a state of undress we tell them to come back later. (The part that is aggravating is we had the DND on the door)
9:30am They are now steam cleaning the carpets outside our room in the hall. Apparently there is water dripping at the end of the hall (part of the reason for the fire alarm). Call down to the front desk and they said the loud vacuuming would continue through the rest of the morning.

Figuring we will not be granted the privilege of sleeping in this Sunday morning we reluctantly get out of bed and get dressed for the morning. Overall this was a lack luster stay as far as service. I think part of it had to do with the fact that the All-American Bowl was that Saturday. We were not aware of this when we decided to go to Austin for the weekend.

I would give the hotel another shot due to location and quality of the hotel but I would hope that the service would improve. We did complain to the hotel manager and she did agree to award us some SPG points for our trouble.