FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [OVER 48 HOURS FROM DEPARTURE] AC changed/cancelled my flight. What are my options?
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:20 am
billdokes

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by savvytraveller76
Booked a round trip last December YUL-SFO for next week. 43k miles for Premium Economy cabin.
Two days ago AC sent an email informing me that I’ve been downgraded to sardine class, Preferred Economy for whatever it means due to a plane type change.
I called Aeroplan Customer Service and the agent informed me that no mileage refund will be issued. The only way to get a refund is to cancel the whole trip.

It’s the first time this is happening to me, is that normal ? I’m considering cancelling because it seems to me like robbery; I paid nearly twice the miles required in order to avoid sardine class….
I've had that happen, canceling wasn't an option for me so I forced them to move me onto another flight with PY...in my case it meant that instead of going YVR - YUL - YYZ, I was able to get a non-stop YVR - YYZ.

I'd suggest you do the research on your options and call back TELLING them what you need them to do, not asking about your options.

If you can't find a suitable alternative routing/date/time and need to stick with your original booking, I would definitely be expecting a partial refund of my points.