FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass ( OTP )
Old Mar 8, 2024, 3:20 pm
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mr.Nuke
The chase pass literally disappears from the app after it is scanned by attendant. Additionally all of the literature about one time passes be it the chase or the ones purchased via the app make it pretty clear it is for one time use. The trip passes being offered as an upsell in the reservation section after booking may have slightly different terms though.

https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/tra...me-passes.html

Edit from an old post, the language no longer appears on the website, but that appears to be the case for the trip pass

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34419821-post2.html

I've only done it once where there was an odd delay situation going on where it looked like the plane was being swapped via flightaware, but boarding had started via the app for the original plane and hadn't been cleared out for 2 hours. the upstairs counter couldn't get the gate attendant, their contact at airport operations suspected the swap had occurred too, and I didn't want to miss boarding.

I told the agent at the front counter I'd ideally like to check the gate really quick and come back in on a day pass and they said it wouldn't be a problem. Sure enough the new plane was boarding without anything from United via the app or airport signage other than the gate reflecting it. So obviously I didn't get to end up checking re-entry, but in that instance with the conversation and potentially headed straight back, I'm fairly confident I would have been.
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
A day pass United directly sells in conjunction w/ a ticket works that way. The Chase passes are literally one-time passes, and as mentioned above, disappear from app once scanned.
Yes, the pass disappears, because it has been used. However, in so using it, the access has become tied to the boarding pass, which will then work at that airport on that day, at any club.