FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS to leave Star Alliance and join SkyTeam [eff. 01 Sep 2024]
Old Mar 7, 2024, 8:18 am
jamesbrownontheroad

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
* in Q2, SAS will conclude "bilateral cooperation" which I assume would mean codesharing. Amongst other it will include cooperation on route network. [I still struggle with SK becoming a feeder airline for AFKL so take it to be codeshare]
* "the move from *A to ST is a different process" - refers to an NDA plus judicial process but that "the move to ST will happen during the summer season (as defined by airlines) but post the peak travel during middle of summer. For Scandinavia that's partly July, so assume August earliest (but summer month in Sweden) but given that's peak in Europe, I then conlclude the move will happen in September with slippage into end Oct with the change to winter season.
Interesting. Was just pricing up a trip to Johannesburg in week 30 and comparing various *A options (LX via ZRH remains my favourite). Our corporate travel agency cannot find any SK/*A connectivity beyond early June, so right now I'm starting the trip in ARN on LX ticket stock and hoping to backfill with a connection from UME. Whether I will be able to credit those *A miles to EuroBonus is another question.