FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter Weather Cancellations - what to do??!! [irreg rebooking; EU261 rights etc]
Old Mar 7, 2024, 2:15 am
jamesbrownontheroad

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
I hope the following can give some encouragement to someone.

± 19.00CET 4 Dec received notification of cancellation of FLR-MUC-ARN for tomorrow 5 Dec.

(Out for dinner at the lovely Baldovino in Florence, I recommend it)

± 22.00CET 4 Dec dialed the Swedish +46 number for Lufthansa, and was on hold for only 1 hour. Went through the rigamarole with the LH chatbot which stalled a few times, then couldn't find any availability on 5 Dec, 6 Dec, or 7 Dec. After a hold of just 1hr, got through to a South Africa based agent, who took about 10 minutes to rebook us FLR-FRA-ARN on Wed 6 Dec.

Miracles can happen. If you get to speak to an agent, be polite, be kind and say thank you. You're not the only one having a bad day.
Just ressurrecting this thread to update the story.

Filed an EU261 with Air Dolomiti to claim for lodging, food and taxis for two adults during the >24hr delay we experienced 5-6 December 2023 as a result of the winter storm meltdown at FRA MUC.

Air Dolomiti never responded, so counted 2 months and then initiated a claim with SÖP in Germany on 7 February. Today, 7 March 2024, SÖP confirmed that Air Dolomiti will reimburse me the claimed sum of €290.71.

Herzlichen Dank an SÖP.