FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Big UPGRADE Thread – all you need to know about AY upgrades
Old Mar 5, 2024, 4:34 am
Clarity_

Programs: AY Plat
Originally Posted by intuition
Apparently the flight was sold out and apparently the only notice made to traveller was that when scanning the boardingpass in the egate in HEL, a message "seat has change" was displayed and a paper was printed with the new seat assignment. It said 1A. First I didn't react as I originally was in row 11 and thought they just shuffled the seats a bit. But the paper had BUSINESS printed on it too, so I quickly realised it was op-up.

Is this note printing new? I can't recall having seen it before on AY (SK has has seat assigment printers in the gates it for decades, as they very often move the curtain a few rows late in the game and need to re-assign a lot of people).
Had the same happen last week on the flight to FCO and I was travelling with my girlfriend on the same booking, so we both got upgraded. The person at the boarding gate said that she saw the plane was full and that's why she upgraded us to business. Unfortunately it was Embraer plane, so no big gain.

I've got two op ups in the last year on SH flights, I think it's just a matter of having your flight being overbooked