FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)
Old Mar 5, 2024, 4:22 am
Clarity_

Programs: AY Plat
Originally Posted by a_k
If possible, consider changing dates ± 1 day. There is a route with a 6hr daytime layover at LAX, connecting onto AS
I looked at that option, but it'll make the trip quite long.

Originally Posted by mpkz
I've struggled with longer connections at DFW, I disagree on the quickness comment below, AY arrives around the same time as a BA A380, an AA flights from Mexico and Japan, a QR widebody, and some others. It's really up to chance whether you make it to immigration before the passengers from those flights (and whether you are eligible for mobile passport control - anyone on an ESTA is), but landing after BA for instance means 1.5 hours is barely doable with rushing and optimizing security. I am surprised that CUN is a different terminal because it's also an international flight and it's easier to have those arrive and depart in the same terminal but still.

I would just book a different route that allows you to connect in Europe instead of the US.
I'm trying to optimise this for points gain and connecting in Europe will not work there, plus being more expensive (this would prob mean going via LHR with BA).

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
But how do you know there is a terminal change and how do you know AA's departure gate to CUN if this flight is next winter?
Computer say so