FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass ( OTP )
Old Mar 4, 2024, 9:33 pm
Mr.Nuke

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by fumje
I'm not sure that's true, actually, regarding no in/out or transfer privilege. I am almost certain I've heard an agent tell someone using a day pass to just scan in at the other club location, and that they didn't need to do anything special. I think once the pass is used, it now activates access for that airport and that day.
The chase pass literally disappears from the app after it is scanned by attendant. Additionally all of the literature about one time passes be it the chase or the ones purchased via the app make it pretty clear it is for one time use. The trip passes being offered as an upsell in the reservation section after booking may have slightly different terms though.

Each pass grants one person one-time access to a United Club location
https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/tra...me-passes.html

Edit from an old post, the language no longer appears on the website, but that appears to be the case for the trip pass
United Club℠ trip pass: A United Club trip pass grants a traveler access to all available United Club locations, not including United Arrivals Lounges, United Global First℠ Lounges and United Polaris® lounges. You can use the pass at the departing, connecting and arriving airports for one direction of travel, although some lounges may not be accessible after landing on international itineraries. The pass is only good for the person named on the boarding pass (no guests) and expires upon completion of the trip.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34419821-post2.html

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Ive seen re-admittance occasionally too, but I’ve seen far more denials.
I've only done it once where there was an odd delay situation going on where it looked like the plane was being swapped via flightaware, but boarding had started via the app for the original plane and hadn't been cleared out for 2 hours. the upstairs counter couldn't get the gate attendant, their contact at airport operations suspected the swap had occurred too, and I didn't want to miss boarding.

I told the agent at the front counter I'd ideally like to check the gate really quick and come back in on a day pass and they said it wouldn't be a problem. Sure enough the new plane was boarding without anything from United via the app or airport signage other than the gate reflecting it. So obviously I didn't get to end up checking re-entry, but in that instance with the conversation and potentially headed straight back, I'm fairly confident I would have been.

Last edited by Mr.Nuke; Mar 4, 2024 at 9:43 pm