FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nice restaurant in MAD T4 before passport control
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:03 pm
ftrichard

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
If you've never been to Madrid, just take the Metro to the end of the line. It's not a huge expedition and is literally just 15 minutes more to have many, many, many more options and interesting things to see on a quick stroll.
Originally Posted by csycsycsy
I just assumed all BAEC Silvers like OP have been to Madrid hah
Haha. Actually, I just reacquired BAEC Silver in the last month after the last ten years as MAS Enrich Gold and then Cathay Gold but heading back to Europe to live so redirected my tier points last year when I realised BKK-DOH-LHR-DOH-BKK would get me 560 tier points but none of the required four metal flights. I fabricated a day trip to AMS - just the airport - last September for two of them.

I have been to Madrid for a weekend break as a common tourist from London about 25 years ago but that's it as far as familiarity goes. I'm moving to Lisbon so I expect I will become more familiar with Madrid over the next few years. I have an overnight in MAD on the way back from LHR to BKK via DOH because the BKK-MAD-BKK midweek fare was significantly cheaper than BKK-LHR-BKK and I needed to fit in two more BA/IB metal flights before March 8 to get Silver so I did this not-optimised BKK-DOH-MAD-VAL-MAD-LHR-MAD-DOH-BKK trip which could have been done BKK-LHR-BKK direct on BR and I really won't be in the festive mood to be in the slightest bit adventurous at MAD on the way home. But I do have time for dinner so that will be nice. csycsycsy Thank you so much for the restaurant suggestions open on a Monday there .

Next time, I promise I will spend some proper time in Madrid itself. I have my eye on a weekend break at The Westin Palace.