FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pilots Locking Lavatory Door In Polaris
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2024, 3:44 pm
econ

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by wxguy
I can see the point. 764s with augmented crews have "crew swap" at specific times, and usually all pilots will take a restroom break in succession at this time. When one pilot leaves the rear-of-J 764 lav and locks the door, it's being "held" for the next pilot who will use in a minute or two after the swap in the cockpit. That way, the subsequent pilot user won't have to wait in line. Fair, or unfair can be debated, that's the rationale.
Originally Posted by zombietooth
I've only noticed because of situations where I was waiting to get into the lav and saw a pilot exit the forward lav and lock it. On the few occasions when I've inquired about it to the FAs, I was told that it was reserved for the pilots. I never thought it was a big deal, but my memory was jogged upon seeing this thread.
I’ve seen similar where a pilot coming out will lock the lav, followed by another pilot using it shortly afterwards. But haven’t encountered one that is normally used by passengers locked the entire flight without some sort of announcement.