FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How much compensation would you request for nonfunctional BE seat?
Old Mar 2, 2024, 11:56 am
fly747first
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
well, I’ve had it happen for me. So I know it does happen and because that FA told me that this was supposed to happen, if I ever have this problem again, I will specifically ask. If I know they’re non-revs on the flight (it’s pretty easy usually to tell) and I don’t get moved I would be asking for even more compensation

But I suggest asking explicitly if there are non-revs in the cabin, and if so, will they trade with you. If they say no, I’d be making sure the person who says no understands that your complaint will point this out to Delta. I had to complain about the behavior of non-rev passengers on a plane once and I think I got about 25,000 for the pilots wives acting like 14-year-old brats Did you know that spouses of pilots don’t have to stand in line for bathrooms because there are ( that was breaking news to Delta too)
In my case, there were even empty seats so it wouldn't have been necessary to move non-revs; DL pursers aren't authorized to make empty D1 seats as cabin crew rest seats.

I wrote a very extensive complaint to DL and explicitly stated that someone who abuses full-fare revenue passengers shouldn't be in a purser role setting a terrible example for the rest of the crew.