FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Annoying vloggers on flights?
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2024, 9:48 am
Davvidd

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Again, this is a retired state judge so this could be considered layman's guidance at best. Airports and airlines generally operate under federal jurisdiction, though with airports the property owner may be a state agency (operating under and upholding Part 139 regulation). If I am missing something please enlighten me as I would genuinely like to know. Back in college I interned for a city airport agency and sure we had a few extra rules beyond Part 139 but that was up to us at an individual airport... or technically three airports since we operated three of them (though only one had airline service; the other two were GA only).

-J.
I am not American so I really do not know but from what I understand inside of an aircraft is private property and the First Amendment does not apply. I could be right or wrong but what I do know is the Captain has absolute powers and normally they do not bother about someone taking pics or videos but it is always advisable to stop doing something when the crew prohibits it.
It seems to be the catch all requirements of obeying the crews instruction. I know that some countries and specific airlines ban photography and videoing of crew and other passengers under the terms of conditions. Generally from what I know this becomes an issue only when they take pics of crew or other passengers without their permission.
Not sure if airport and an aircraft are the same. Certainly in some areas of an airport you are not allowed to take pics or videos even in the US. This may be the one they mostly use. 49 U.S.C. 46504.