FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Atlanta (ATL): The Definitive Thread
Old Jan 16, 2005, 4:51 pm
RunawayNFly

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by wonderer
Thanks, I tried this and the "near time" flights are not flying yet, might be seasonal, or might be part of the "big" schedule change to take effect the end of the month.
Good Luck!!! I believe that this may be part of the big schedule change that occurs on 01/31/05.

I fly PBI/ATL/PHL and return weekly with the outbound on Thursday and the returns on Friday afternoons. Almost weekly, my flights are delayed and I would have misconnected if I had the short connection times that you noted. It often is the routing. PHL is notorious for ATC holds and/or flight cancellations.

I could take a PHL flight which has 42 minutes to make my ATL-PBI connection starting 02/01 but, until there is a track record, have chosen to wait 2 1/2 hours in ATL rather than misconnect and end up in a middle seat in coach.

I think that everyone is anxiously waiting to see how ATL fares with the big schedule change and if the current flights on routes with poor ontime arrival rates continue with the changes.

As you can guess, I am not overly optimistic that the shorter connection times in ATL will work and/or is realistic. I have my fingers crossed since it would be wonderful to get home earlier on a Friday!

Sorry for the "editorial comments" but I,like many others, are in a dilemna about booking connecting flights through ATL until we see how the new system works.

No one can really answer your question at this point!