FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread
Old Feb 29, 2024, 10:38 am
legalalien

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by zoechow
Hi. Flying AA in a few days, ORD->LAX. (I think that is terminal 3). I have tsa pre, and would like to go through TSA with it. I like the get to airport early, and it looks like there might be a priority pass lounge in Terminal 5.

I guess the overarching q. is, what should I do, e.g. go through security at 5, use lounge, take X route to 3 knowing it'll take Y minutes.

But more, specifically, do all the terminals have tsa pre lines? Does it matter where I go through?

Can someone explain the airside terminal connections between 3 and 5? Is there a bus and a train? Anything to choose between them.

tia, zc!
All terminals have TSA Pre lanes, although hours of operation do vary. There is CLEAR in all terminals except T3.

You can take a terminal transfer bus from T5 to T3 or vice versa between 11:30am and 9:30pm: https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/Ser...Pages/tbt.aspx. The ATS train runs outside security, but with TSA Pre the time penalty is usually not large, as the trains run significantly more frequently.

FWIW, the Swissport lounge in T5 is absolutely not worth the extra effort of getting between terminals. It is a small, windowless space with sparse furnishings and very limited food and drink options.