FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Indian Wells (Grand Champions -Palm Springs, CA) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 27, 2024, 9:08 pm
Tonyr4

Just stayed here for three nights. I was a little hesitant as the property is under renovations but other than the restaurants being in conference rooms you could hardly tell the property is being worked on. We used a suite award and were upgraded to one of the newly renovated presidential suites, the room came out great, we loved it. The terrace area is amazing and the room has two bathrooms. We faced the golf course rather than the pool which I preferred due the golf course side being quieter.

Breakfast at Lantana was in a conference room as I mentioned but wasn't bad. We did have to venture off property each night for dinner as the food options here are not great right now but that is certainly not a deal breaker. There are a lot of good restaurants close by. The pool area is nice but looks MUCH better than it is in the photos. We actually liked the regular pool area best, my son who is 12, thought the water slides were slow and overrated.

The other thing to keep in mind is that downtown Palm Springs is a 35 minute drive from this hotel in Indian Wells. I've never been to the Palm Springs area before, looking at a map each town appears close but this area is much more spread out than I originally thought. I'm not a golfer so this is probably a one and done visit to the area but I did like this hotel more than I expected and would definitely return if I ever came back this way.