FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Screwed on a Flus Plus fare
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2024, 1:53 am
thijsseh
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by aceboy44
I purchased a Y-Flex Plus fare to avoid any change fees but was screwed by Emirates! on my return journey (SIN - DXB - KWI) I was unable to change my SIN - DXB flight unless I also change my DXB - KWI, which is killing the point of the Flex Plus fare, despite having seats available on both flights (I was able to make the changes I wanted if this was a new booking!)

As I needed to urgently change my flight to an earlier flight I accepted this bitter consequence and changed my late evening DXB - KWI flight to an early 7:40 AM flight from DXB - KWI (yes! Emirates ruined my layover in Dubai) just to get an earlier flight for SIN - DXB. I was also not able to pick my seats for both of my flights.....despite this being a Flex Plus fare!!! I was disappointed with my seats during check-in..... I was told that new bookings are treated different than existing bookings!!!!

Thank you for ruining my experience Emirates but rest assured that this will be my last time paying a Flex Plus fare........ Happy to buy saver fares for my future trips (no more revenues from me for Flex Plus fare ) Oh and did I mention that I was also a Skywards+ member? (Yes I expect special treatment for the money I pour into a business. Why else would I pay money if I wont get something in return?)

Now putting that aside I had great experiences with Emirates (as usual) and will happily continue to fly them .
This is a most confusing story and therefore it is difficult to comment. We (mrs t especially) quite often book Flex+ tickets because it allows unlimited date and / or time changes. It has never failed us. And we have always een able to choose seats. So you ay have done something 'wrong'.
Skywards+ gives you certain benefits, which are dependent on the level of the programme you have chosen and are clearly listed. To expect any 'special treatment' because you subscribe to the programme is in my opinion a bit naive.