FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:26 pm
lingua101

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by kaizen7
In your case, you have asked and the staff told you yes you can use the lounge.
That should means you have full access and benefit of the lounge. not just sit there

The cost of providing these are minimal and we have shown our loyalty to the chain by being Diamond member.

I guess the management style really plays part on these kind of interactions.
Hotels with good management usually treat elites much better than penny pinching one
Well, I was staying on one of the property which by right lounge access is not granted to Platinum member. This was a Stayplus stay.

On checkin , I was told they can extend the lounge access for me on exception basis, which is great. I was asked also does it mean that I can only do breakfast in lounge only. I ws told I can choose either way. The next morning I decided to have breakfast in the restaurant. While I was having my brwakfast the staff came and asked for my membership card. She told me breakfast is not included and I have to pay. After "arguing" and checking as usual, she insisted that no comp breakfast. Then I do not feel to argue anymore but really got pissed.

Upon check out, I was complaining, and the staff was calling the supervisor and he told me that breakfast is complementaty and they can take that out from the bill.

Very strange.