FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:19 pm
lingua101

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Yes and yes.

My issue was, on the previous stay, the butler proactively check if I need late check out, check with the team and secure the late check out without me having to going back and forth to front desk multiple times. Make my stay experience seamless.
On the last stay however, the team seems can't be bothered to process the request and ask me to ask to the FD directly and the FD ask me to return again to them on check out date.
Granted, it will not take more than 15 min for asking those, but then again it create more hassle to the guest as I have to readjust my plan if the late checkout was not granted.
I understand your point.

I need to argue with the hotel for asking for 2pm late check out. This is the hotel that I used to stay there on monthly basis for a year (and this was so-called the "final" trip) and I normally will check out before 9am just before I go to client side. I told them may be I need 2pm but I may come back early. They insisted they can only give me 1pm. Only after "argument" and upon checking, they are ok with 2pm. I really find this redicolous.

I was told some people will take 2pm to become 3pm. But the staff can see that I am regular (and Platinum at that time) and normally checkout before 9am anyway. So not sure where is the hospitality.

Is there really so many bad apple customer out there?