FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Urgent Help request: BA58 CPT -> LHR 26 Feb : oversold
Old Feb 26, 2024, 12:40 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sixcolours
Furthermore, given the high loads involved, how can then guarantee a seat back tomorrow? Should they be pro active? They don’t want to gamble at check in again. Thanks
I am afraid I see no guarantees here, but if check-in tomorrow does not give a seat number on the boarding pass, then you invite them, or call up, to rebook via another route. ET indeed looks good, I guess there's a big advantage in planning to be at check-in the moment it opens, purely to allow more flights. MMB should give the time of that opening. Also make sure they have some sort of VOIP access on their phones (such as Skype) and the BA telephone numbers. But otherwise, it's probably important for them to enjoy one evening and a morning in Cape Town, it doesn't do to get too worked up about this.