FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aloft Taipei Zhongshan, Taiwan [Master Thread]
Old Feb 26, 2024, 9:42 am
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I'm visiting Taipei as a tourist in April. I've narrowed down my options to this property ($155) or the Sheraton ($210). How does the location and surrounding area compare between the two? I want to be able to grab meals from the are around the property without having to hop on the train. 15 minute walks are acceptable.
Food is never more than 15 minute away in Taipei

I think the ALoft's immediate area is more fun while the Sheraton is surrounded by a lot of government offices - across from the National Police HQ, 2 blocks from the National Legislature, on and on and on...

I would say the Sheraton's location is better but not US$55/night + 10% better. However, if you have Platinum or above status with Marriott, consider that too. I suppose the Sheraton has a lounge.

The Sheraton is right next to the Blue Line which takes you to many places. It is more "centered" in core Taipei than the ALoft.

Remember to sign up for the drawing: https://5000.taiwan.net.tw/index_en.html - it is government sponsored and you must sign up prior to arrival. Then you go play the lottery at the airport to see if you win anything. Some people have won NT$5000 in the form of a prepaid stored value card accepted at many places.