FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Fashioned International Mileage Upgrade vs the Seat Map upgrade
Old Feb 25, 2024, 6:18 am
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xeno
In my initial post I spelled out June 2025, but then used the misleading 6/25 in my response.
I am curious what an award ticket might look like for June 2025 - something like June 1 - 8, 2025. When I try comparable dates for 2024 it does not work out well even when I switch CHA for ATL.
Ah, sorry. Misinterpreted post. Difficult to know what fares will look like then. The schedule only extends out 330 days (Jan 19th, 2025 as of today) and a lot could change between now and July when schedule will start to open for June 2025.

There are currently discounted seasonal TATL Z fares out of ATL around US holidays like Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, etc. (ZQN82SDD fares) with roundtrip fares in $3.8K range to HEL/CDG. Outbound must be from May 26th - May 29th and inbound from June 4th - 5th for 2024 to qualify for the dates around Memorial Day. The dates you are searching (June 1st - 8th), fall outside that window and thus do not qualify for those ZQN82SDD fares. Memorial Day in 2025 falls a day earlier than in 2024, so you can figure the window for those seasonal fares will also shift a day earlier for Memorial Day 2025 (assuming they return). Once again, June 1st - 8th flights will fall outside the window for the cheaper holiday seasonal fares for 2025.

While not finding any seasonal discounted D1 awards to go with seasonal discounted Z fares on ATL-HEL, you can see they exist on ATL-CDG below for 2024 (from 212.5K roundtrip with AMEX discount) for a limited number of days (there is currently availability for May 29th outbound and June 4th - 5th inbound flights). The seasonality requirements are the same as for the revenue seasonal Z fares, but there is only bucket availability (OZ) for awards for fligths with May 29th outbounds right now.

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 25, 2024 at 7:19 am