FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missing my flight from Sydney in 4 hrs - help!
Old Feb 19, 2024, 6:26 pm
i.am.lost

Originally Posted by Foofighter69
You can get in Y or W on BA16 to SIN on 21/2 or Y,W or J on 22/2 with avios. I cannot find any onward availability to LHR on BA.

However you could then fly SIN-DOH on QR with avios in Y on 23/2 at 10.55am. Nothing out of KUL. From DOH your options are unfortunately limited to cash right now - with Finnair approx £500 via HEL or QR £750 direct.

On the 22nd your cash options from SYD to LHR aren’t bad price-wise (£500-£600) but routings vary wildly. 30ish hours via TPE or AUH, or 35 hours via LAX (on AA).

There is also BA in Y, W or J out of PVG (Shanghai) on 23/12 morning, but you’ll have to make your way to PVG from SIN which is probably too adventurous..

Hope things work out for you.
Thanks for that detailed response, yes BA agent did say lack of SIN-LHR availability is the biggest issue for me. I’m trying to find creative routings now otherwise I think I will have to no-show for the flight and book a cash fare (CX looked reasonably priced) after I speak to insurance when they open.